Each year Bunscoil an Iúir holds our End of Year Awards Ceremony.
Children in rang a7 were presented with their Fáinne by
Roisin Traynor, M. Maria Nic Fhearchair, Principal and M. Ciarán Catney.
Niall Campbell, past pupil of Bunscoil an Iúir and son of Brian Campbell, presented the Brian Campbell Cup to Caragh McGaffin from Rang 5 for Creative Writing.
Eithne Dunbar from Rang a3 at Bunscoil an Iuir received Bunscoil an Iúir Gaeilgeoir is fearr Award (Best Irish Speaker in the Bunscoil).
Presentations are made in the following categories:
- Fáinne Presentations by Roisin Trainor to all the children in Rang 7 (primary 7)
- Séamas McElroy Cup for Attendance, to the children with 100% attendance.
- Brother Beausang Cup – Litearthacht, Key Stage 1 Creative Writing, rang 1-4
- Brian Campbell Cup – Litearthacht Key Stage 2 Creative Writing rang 5-7
- Gaeilgeoir is fearr – A child who tries as much as possible to speak Irish at all times.
- Scolaire na mbliana – Pupil of the Year- Gene Moore Trophy.
The Awards Cermony kicked off with some songs by Rang 5/6/7, singing:
Oró Sé do Bheatha ‘Bhaile – In the City of Chicago.
This was a great day attended by many parents, past pupils and all the children and staff of Bunscoil an Iúir.
Wearing a Fáinne symbolizes your link to the Irish language. A Fáinne is worn to show that you are able to and are willing to speak Irish. The Silver Fáinne is suitable for those who have a basic ability in Irish. The Gold Fáinne indicates that you are a fluent Irish speaker.