Mr Paul Convery was elected as President of Newry Chamber of Commerce and Trade at its Annual General Meeting on Tuesday 7th November in MJM Business Park, Newry.
The election of the Office Bearers and the new Board of Directors was presided over by Mr Art Magennis MBE. Emma Marmion and Aidan Malone were elected for the following positions respectively, First Vice President and Honorary Treasurer.
Following a strategic review of the organisation in February 2017 and a new set of articles of association ratified at an EGM in June 2017, The new Board of Directors include the following representatives;
- Paul Convery, BT Northern Ireland
- Vincent McGovern, Trans Europe Express
- Barry Magill, Magill Financial Services
- Emma Marmion, Prestige Employment Solutions
- Cathal Austin, The Quays Shopping & Leisure Centre
- Gary Digney, PKF-FPM
- Jerome Mullen, Polish Consulate for Northern Ireland
- Dr Conor Patterson, Newry & Mourne Enterprise Agency
- Julie Gibbons, Autoline
- Kieran Grant, Warrenpoint Harbour Authority
- Michael McKeown, Matt D’Arcy
- Aidan Malone, Malone Lynchehaun
President Paul Convery, who is Head of BT Business, Northern Ireland thanked the outgoing President, Michael McKeown for all the hard work, dedication and commitment he contributed to the Chamber during his time in Office.
He also thanked the Executive members for giving up their voluntary time and for embracing the new restructure and encouraged everyone to consider joining the new Chamber Council in 2018.